Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 Playoffs Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets

I'm starting off the 2014 playoff series with the Penguins vs Blue Jackets. I did the NHL bracket challenge on NHL.com before the playoffs and even though I didn't think the Penguins would make the Finals I liked the match ups that I predicted for them and had them going to the cup, but I also picked the Kings in the finals in the west which is not looking too hot.

For round 1 my pick was Penguins over Blue Jackets in 5 games. I bet on Fleury having a better playoff, 2 games in he's not too bad but not great either which is good because last year he was just losing the games for the Penguins, right now I think it's defense that's the question for the Penguins because how many time to you let a guy whack at the puck in front of the net without doing anything on the game 2 OT goal? I didn't like Horton being out for the Jackets either, he could've been a big player for them in the playoffs, I think if he was playing it could be a different series and the Blue Jackets would have a better chance at winning.

So here are my digital drawings of the Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury and the Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.

Marc-Andre Fleury

Sergei Bobrovsky

No comments: